Let’s talk about Instagram. This photogenic platform is part of the routine of many people, especially while traveling. After all, we want to share the amazing places where we have been, right?! Most of us have an account for quite some time already, (follow Maps ‘N Bags, by the way!) but sometimes we struggle to find funny Instagram captions or even just good captions for selfies, let’s say, in Paris.
“Just being around Paris…”, “Paris, je t’aime!” Boring. Cliche. No! Time to change.
That’s why I’ve gathered and created (with my husband’s help) some very very funny travel puns so you can use as your next caption. They’re divided by country (& some continents) and as I come up with more ideas I’ll add them here. Enjoy!
Ahhh, almost forgot! I’ve also added below a list of the best 75 travel quotes for Instagram captions!
Hey, you! Going to use any of these puns in your Instagram caption? Tag me @mapsnbags, I wanna see it.
Travel Puns: Funny Instagram Captions
When I go to West Africa I’m Ghana make sure Togo to Mali and then I can say I’ve Benin Timbuktu.
I like European food so I decided to Russia over there because I was Hungary. After Czeching the menu I ordered Turkey. When I was Finnished I told the waiter ‘Spain good but there is Norway I could eat another bite’.
You told me it was Chile in South America. But I don’t Bolivia.
I’d love to take you for dinner…and/orra dessert.
Tomorrow Angola visit a local tribe.
There’s a lot at steak for Boca Juniors.
Want to meat my new friends?
Call me Iguazu because I’m fallin’ for this place!
I took some high koalaty pictures in Melbourne.
Wanna meet? P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
This place is Perth-ect!
Perfect! That’s how Aussie this place!
See ya later alligator! In a while, crocodile!
Zurich is Alps-olutely amazing!
I had to take a pigture of this place!
You will not Bolivia eyes when you see the Salt Flats.
I’m going for a 3-months backpack in South America. Can you Bolivia?
I’m feeling Amazon today!
Are you for Rio?
Life is a beach.
Got some vitamin sea today.
Sambady dance with me!
I’ve just arrived in Bulgaria. How is it? Sofia, so good.
Quebec to basics – camping in Canada.
Canada is amooseing!
Bear with me, while I am finding the perfect views of this city.
Canada, too cool to leaf.
‘Banff is amazing!’ ‘I Canada disagree with you.’
The food here is spicy. All dishes have Chile pepper.
It’s kinda Chile here.
Are you China be funny?
Just China have a good time.
Living in China for a month expandad my mind!
I wanna see the sun rice in the fields.
Let the lights dim sum.
I’ve Beijing in China for a month now.
There is some Confucion about the oldest religion in China.
I asked my mom if I Congo to Africa this winter.
No need to Split the bill, I’ll pay it.
Croati-ng new memories.
Havana good time in Cuba.
Czech this place.
Prague Bucket list: Czech.
Sphinx are beautiful in Cairo.
Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
Eye love London!
So nice UK-em here!
Eye finally visited London!
I’m Tallinn you this place is awesome!
Eiffel in love with Paris.
Paris, I hope our paths will croissant again.
This city is so Nice.
Love to meet people and make new France while traveling.
Paris, I Louvre you!
Enjoy your vacation! Right baguette ya!
Need to curry up! Heading to Germany today.
Been to Octoberfest, have the wurst hangover ever.
Germany, I’ll be Bach!
A Berlin desire to drink beer!
Where Eltz can I find beautiful castles like these?
You are Ghana love the food in Africa.
I really Haiti to leave this place, but it’s time to go home.
This goulash soup will make you Hungary.
Agra-t place to take pictures!
Doing water-ever I want!
Can’t balieve the landscapes here!
Needed to visit Tehran before Iran out of time.
Irish I had an umbrella here in Dublin.
Moher photos, please.
The Irish should be rich because their capital is always Dublin.
I want to Rome the world.
Do you want a Pisa my pizza.
Home sweet Rome.
Kenya feel the good vibes of this place?
How Kenya leave this place?
Kenya grab me a souvenir in Nairobi?
Cancun is nachos a pretty beach city.
I have to taco shot of tequila.
Watching the Grand Prix in Monte Carlo, but they’re so fast that it’s driving me crazy.
This city will blue you away!
You’d like to visit Holland one day, wooden shoe?
Amsterdam is a city with high standards.
I’m feeling like a Dutchess here.
No Dutch thing as too many bikes.
Wanna take cheesy pictures in Amsterdam.
You look smoking hot.
Water you going to do in Rotterdam?
Norway I’m going to miss Oslo!
I’ve heard Tromso is gorgeous in the winter! Norway I’ll miss that!
Oman, take a look at this view.
Machu Picchu was INCAredible!
Manila icecream is my favorite flavor.
Told my mom I’m not coming back from this place. She said “are you shore”?
Lagos back to the beach!
A good glass of wine is never Faro way in Portugal!
This stunning place is the reason why you should be Russian to Moscow.
I was going to buy one of those Russian dolls, but then I realized they’re full of themselves.
Don’t joke about Scottish men wearing skirts, it can get you Kilt!
I wanna sCape Town with you.
I’d be Lion if I said that Johannesburg isn’t beautiful.
I just had a match with someone in South Korea. I think he’s my Seoul mate.
Oh my GAUDI, Barcelona is stunning!
Sudan-ly got so hot here!
If I stole these, would you Sudan me?
Swede photo locations in Stockholm.
Look at this view! I’ll have Swede dreams tonight.
A Berning desire to go to Switzerland.
What’s so great about Switzerland? Well, the flag is a big plus.
I’ll never get Thai-erd of this place!
Thai-m flies when you’re on vacation!
Do you want Togo to Africa?
There is so much propUganda in Kampala.
Who is that? Odessa friend of mine.
Don’t Seattle for anything less than perfect.
Canyon believe this view?
So Minnie things to do in Disney!
Goofying around in Disney.
Not sure where to find snow in America. Alaska local.
I’m Ha-long way from home.
Sorry if I’m Hanoing you with my travel photos.
You have no idea Ha long I’ve been waiting pho someone like you.
Yemen, I told this place is gorgeous.
Travel Quotes for Instagram Captions
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” ― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” – Mark Twain
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
- “Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to, perhaps more homesick than for familiar ground.” ― Judith Thurman
- “Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets.” – Montel
- “So much of who we are is where we have been.” – William Langewiesche
- “When was the last time you did something for the first time.” – John C. Maxwell
- “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a plane ticket and that’s kind of the same thing. – Unknown
- “The world is big, and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark. – John Muir
- “Wherever you are, whatever you do, be in love. – J Rumi
- “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport. – Unknown
- “A camera teaches you how to see without a camera. – Dorothea Lange
- “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” —Seth Godin
- “The earth has music for those who listen.” —Shakespeare
- “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” —Rachel Wolchin
- Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of adventure, fine beer, brains and no fear.” – Unknown
- “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” ― Anthony Bourdain
- “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop
- “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
- “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
- “The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
- “No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.” – Chuck Thompson
- “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
- “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
- “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Anonymous
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
- “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.” — Peter Hoeg
- “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” – Eugene Fodor
- “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
- “When overseas you learn more about your own country, than you do the place you’re visiting.” – Clint Borgen
- “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
- “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” — Lawrence Block
- “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
- “He who would travel happily must travel light.” – Antoine de St. Exupery
- “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.” – Irving Wallace
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
- “I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” – Caskie Stinnett
- “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
- “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” – Alan Keightley
- “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
- “Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone.” – Wendell Berry
- “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
- “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
- “There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” – Charles Dudley Warner
- “Oh the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
- “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville
- “Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.” ― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” ― Marcel Proust
- “I am awfully greedy; I want everything from life. I want to be a woman and to be a man, to have many friends and to have loneliness, to work much and write good books, to travel and enjoy myself, to be selfish and to be unselfish… You see, it is difficult to get all which I want. And then when I do not succeed I get mad with anger.” ― Simone de Beauvoir
- “Now more than ever do I realize that I will never be content with a sedentary life, that I will always be haunted by thoughts of a sun-drenched elsewhere.” ― Isabelle Eberhardt
- “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
- “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “He who is outside his door has the hardest part of his journey behind him.” – Dutch Proverb
- “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.” ― Pico Iyer
- “Let’s wander where the Wifi is weak.”
What about you? Do you have some other travel puns ideas? Or inspiring travel quotes? Share them in the comments!!